DEPARTMENT OF POSTS: GOVERNMENT OF INDIA OFFICE OF THE CHIEFPOSTMASTER GENERAL, KERALA CIRCLE THIRUVANANTHAPURAM 695 033
DIRECT RECRUITMENT TO THE CADRE OF MULTI TASKING STAFF (MTS) INKERALA POSTAL CIRCLE
Notification No. MTS/OQ/13 dated 26 -11-2013
Applications are invited from eligible applicants to fill up the MTS posts in various Postal/RMS Divisions and Administrative offices in Kerala Postal Circle in the pay scale of Rs5200-20200+ Grade Pay Rs 1800/-. The details of vacancies, Examination Center and theAddress to which applications are to be sent are as follows:
|Sl. No||Name of Division/Unit||No. of vacancies category-wise||
|Address to which applications should be
|Ge n||OBC||S C||S T|
|1.||RMS TV Division||2||1||3||Thiruvanan thapuram||The SeniorSuperintendent,RMS ”TV” Division,
|2.||RMS EK Division||1||2||3||Kochi||The Superintendent,
RMS ”EK” Division, Ernakulam, Kochi. Pin 682 011
|3.||RMS CT Division||5||5||10*||Kozhikode||The Superintendent,RMS ”CT” Division, Kozhikode
Pin 673 032
|1||1||2||Kozhikode||The Superintendent of
Post Offices, Kannur Division,
Pin 670 001
|1||1||2||Kozhikode||The SeniorSuperintendent ofPost Offices,
PIN- 678 001
Superintendent of Post
Thrissur Division, Thrissur – 680001
Superintendent of Post
Ernakulam Division, Ernakulam
Pin- 682 011
|8.||Director ofAccounts(Postal), Thiruvananthapuram||2||1||1||4||Thiruvanan thapuram||The Accounts Officer
( Admin), O/o Director of
Accounts, ( Postal ), ThiruvananthapuramPin 695 001
|9||Chief PMG Office, Thiruvananthapuram||3||1||1||1||6**||Thiruvanan thapuram||Assistant Director
( Rectt) O/o ChiefPostmaster General, ThiruvananthapuramPin 695 033
|2||2||Kozhikode||Assistant Direct ( Rectt) O/o Postmaster General ,
Pin 673 011
*out of the 10 posts of RMS CT Division, one post is reserved for PH (Orthopedically
**out of the 6 posts of Chief PMG Office TVM , TWO posts are reserved for Ex servicemen. The selected candidates will be adjusted against the relevant category.
2. Age Limit: - 18 – 27 years as on 23-12-13. (Upper age limit relaxable for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes up to five years and for candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes up to three years). For Ex-Servicemen and PHcandidates, relaxation is applicable as per rules. For Govt servants upto 35 years and they should apply through proper channel.
Note: - The crucial date for determining the age limit shall be the closing date for receipt of application forms i.e. as on 23-12-2013
3. Education qualifications: - Matriculation or ITI from recognized Board. (Matriculationequivalency certificate will not be accepted).
4. Examination Centre: As shown in Annexure -I
5. Date of the Examination: 2nd February, 2014,
6. Pattern and Syllabus for Examination:
I. The candidates shall be subjected to an Aptitude Test covering the following subjects/topics.
Part ’A’ - 25 marks – 25 questions on General knowledge - Multiple Choice Questions
Part ’B’ - 25 marks- 25 questions of Mathematics - Multiple Choice Questions
Part ’C ’- Two segments
1) 25 marks – 25 questions – English language -Objective Type /Multiple Choice
2) 25 marks - 25 questions – Regional language-( Malayalam )Objective type/ Multiple Choice Questions
II. DURATION OF THE EXAMINATION: 90 minutes.
III. MINIMUM QUALIFYING MARKS TO BE SCORED BY THE CANDIDATES:
A minimum of 10 marks should be scored by GEN category candidates in each part of theabove Aptitude Test. OBC candidates should score a minimum of 9 marks in each part andSC/ST candidates should score a minimum of 8 marks in each part. In addition to this,GEN category candidates have to score a minimum of 40% marks in
aggregate while OBC candidates have to score 37% and SC/ST candidates have to score 33% inaggregate.
7. Examination Fee: Candidates are required to remit Examination Fee at anyDepartmental Post Office under ”Unclassified Receipt” and attach the receipt granted, alongwith the application. Exam Fee for the General/OBC candidates is Rs.100/- and for SC/STcandidates is Rs.50/-.
Note: - Female Candidates are exempted from the payment of Examination Fee.
8. Selection Procedure: Based on the marks obtained in the Aptitude Test, a merit list of qualified candidates will be prepared in each Postal/RMS Division/Administrative Unit separately. As per the availability of vacancies as notified above, selection will be made in therespective unit based on the merit list.
9. Application form: Format of the application is appended to this Notification (Annexure – II) and it can be downloaded from the website. Application form should be filled in by the candidates intheir own handwriting. It should be affixed with the candidate’s latest passport size photograph( self attested) in the space provided for the purpose in the application form. Application form dulyfilled in/signed should be enclosed in a cover which should be superscripted as ”Ap plica t ion for appo int m e nt t o t he p ost of MTS in … ..Division” and forwarded to the Authority as mentionedabove in Annexure -I
9(1) Applications not signed by the candidate will be liable to be rejected.
9(2) +2, Degree, Computer courses certificates need not be attached.
10. Last date of receipt of Applications by the Divisions/Units is 23-12-2013.
Applications should be submitted by Registered Post or Speed Post only. Applications received byOrdinary post or by any other means and applications received after the last date will be rejected.
11. Hall Permit: Hall Permit will be issued by the respective Divisional / Administrative Authoritieswell in time. If the Hall Permit is not received before 20.01.2014, the concerned authority should becontacted.
12. Requirement to serve in the Army Postal Service
Any person appointed to the posts as per the notification shall be liable to serve in the
Army Postal Service in India or abroad, if required.
13. Disqualification:- A Person
(a) Who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living or
(b) Who having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person willnot be eligible for appointment.
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and there are othergrounds for so doing , exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
14. Documents to be attached to the application:
a. Two Passport size photographs (one affixed on the application form)
b. Original Receipt granted for payment of Examination Fee-to be pasted tothe application
c. On self-addressed envelope of size 9cm x 23 cm affixed with postage stamps for Rs.30/-
d. Age proof – Attested copy of SSLC/CBSE/AISSE
e. Proof of Educational qualifications – Attested copy of Mark sheet or grade sheet to beattached.
f. Community certificate – In the case of OBC, Non-creamy Layer Certificate issued byTahsildar and in the case of SC/ST, a certificate issued by Tahsildar in the prescribedformat. (If community certificate in the prescribed format is not enclosed, the candidate will be treated as GEN category.)
g. Discharge Certificate in the case of Ex-servicemen
h. Certificate issued by District Medical Board with 40% disability in the case of physically(Orthopedically) Handicapped candidates.
Note: Original certificates should not be enclosed. Only attested are to be attached.